- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Community college employment equity accountability program.
1012.86 Community college employment equity accountability program.--
(1) Each community college shall include in its annual equity update a plan for increasing the representation of women and minorities in senior-level administrative positions and in full-time faculty positions, and for increasing the representation of women and minorities who have attained continuing-contract status. Positions shall be defined in the personnel data element directory of the Department of Education. The plan must include specific measurable goals and objectives, specific strategies and timelines for accomplishing these goals and objectives, and comparable national standards as provided by the Department of Education. The goals and objectives shall be based on meeting or exceeding comparable national standards and shall be reviewed and recommended by the State Board of Education as appropriate. Such plans shall be maintained until appropriate representation has been achieved and maintained for at least 3 consecutive reporting years.
(2)(a) On or before May 1 of each year, each community college president shall submit an annual employment accountability plan to the Commissioner of Education and the State Board of Education. The accountability plan must show faculty and administrator employment data according to requirements specified on the federal Equal Employment Opportunity (EE0-6) report.
(b) The plan must show the following information for those positions including, but not limited to:
1. Job classification title.
4. Appointment status.
5. Salary information. At each community college, salary information shall also include the salary ranges in which new hires were employed compared to the salary ranges for employees with comparable experience and qualifications.
6. Other comparative information including, but not limited to, composite information regarding the total number of positions within the particular job title classification for the community college by race, gender, and salary range compared to the number of new hires.
7. A statement certifying diversity and balance in the gender and ethnic composition of the selection committee for each vacancy, including a brief description of guidelines used for ensuring balanced and diverse membership on selection and review committees.
(c) The annual employment accountability plan shall also include an analysis and an assessment of the community college's attainment of annual goals and of long-range goals for increasing the number of women and minorities in faculty and senior-level administrative positions, and a corrective action plan for addressing underrepresentation.
(d) Each community college's employment accountability plan must also include:
1. The requirements for receiving a continuing contract.
2. A brief description of the process used to grant continuing-contract status.
3. A brief description of the process used to annually apprise each eligible faculty member of progress toward attainment of continuing-contract status.
(3) Community college presidents and the heads of each major administrative division shall be evaluated annually on the progress made toward meeting the goals and objectives of the community college's employment accountability plan.
(a) The community college presidents, or the presidents' designees, shall annually evaluate each department chairperson, dean, provost, and vice president in achieving the annual and long-term goals and objectives. A summary of the results of such evaluations shall be reported annually by the community college president to the community college board of trustees. Annual budget allocations by the community college board of trustees for positions and funding must take into consideration these evaluations.
(b) Community college boards of trustees shall annually evaluate the performance of the community college presidents in achieving the annual and long-term goals and objectives. A summary of the results of such evaluations shall be reported to the Commissioner of Education and the State Board of Education as part of the community college's annual employment accountability plan, and to the Legislature as part of the annual equity progress report submitted by the State Board of Education.
(4) The State Board of Education shall submit an annual equity progress report to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives on or before January 1 of each year.
(5) Each community college shall develop a budgetary incentive plan to support and ensure attainment of the goals developed pursuant to this section. The plan shall specify, at a minimum, how resources shall be allocated to support the achievement of goals and the implementation of strategies in a timely manner. After prior review and approval by the community college president and the community college board of trustees, the plan shall be submitted as part of the annual employment accountability plan submitted by each community college to the State Board of Education.
(6) Subject to available funding, the Legislature shall provide an annual appropriation to the State Board of Education to be allocated to community college presidents, faculty, and administrative personnel to further enhance equity initiatives and related priorities that support the mission of colleges and departments in recognition of the attainment of the equity goals and objectives.
History.--s. 773, ch. 2002-387.