2006 Florida Statutes
207.002 Definitions.--As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Apportioned motor vehicle" means any motor vehicle which is required to be registered under the International Registration Plan.
(2) "Commercial motor vehicle" means any vehicle not owned or operated by a governmental entity which uses diesel fuel or motor fuel on the public highways; and which has a gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds, or has three or more axles regardless of weight, or is used in combination when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight. The term excludes any vehicle owned or operated by a community transportation coordinator as defined in s. 427.011 or by a private operator that provides public transit services under contract with such a provider.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
(4) "Motor carrier" means any person owning, controlling, operating, or managing any motor vehicle used to transport persons or property over any public highway.
(5) "Motor fuel" means what is commonly known and sold as gasoline and fuels containing a mixture of gasoline and other products.
(6) "Operate," "operated," "operation," or "operating" means and includes the utilization in any form of any commercial motor vehicle, whether loaded or empty, whether utilized for compensation or not for compensation, and whether owned by or leased to the motor carrier who uses it or causes it to be used.
(7) "Person" means and includes natural persons, corporations, copartnerships, firms, companies, agencies, or associations, singular or plural.
(8) "Public highway" means any public street, road, or highway in this state.
(9) "Diesel fuel" means any liquid product or gas product or combination thereof, including, but not limited to, all forms of fuel known or sold as diesel fuel, kerosene, butane gas, or propane gas and all other forms of liquefied petroleum gases, except those defined as "motor fuel," used to propel a motor vehicle.
(10) "Use," "uses," or "used" means the consumption of diesel fuel or motor fuel in a commercial motor vehicle for the propulsion thereof.
(11) "International Registration Plan" means a registration reciprocity agreement among states of the United States and provinces of Canada providing for payment of license fees or license taxes on the basis of fleet miles operated in various jurisdictions.
(12) "Apportionable vehicle" means any vehicle, except a recreational vehicle, a vehicle displaying restricted plates, a municipal pickup and delivery vehicle, a bus used in transportation of chartered parties, and a government-owned vehicle, which is used or intended for use in two or more states of the United States or provinces of Canada that allocate or proportionally register vehicles and which is used for the transportation of persons for hire or is designed, used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property and:
(a) Is a power unit having a gross vehicle weight in excess of 26,000 pounds;
(b) Is a power unit having three or more axles, regardless of weight; or
(c) Is used in combination, when the weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.
(13) "Interstate" means vehicle movement between or through two or more states.
(14) "Intrastate" means vehicle movement from one point within a state to another point within the same state.
(15) "Registrant" means a person in whose name or names a vehicle is properly registered.
History.--s. 2, ch. 80-415; s. 1, ch. 81-151; s. 66, ch. 83-217; s. 1, ch. 84-260; s. 40, ch. 85-180; s. 4, ch. 86-243; s. 6, ch. 87-198; s. 102, ch. 95-417; s. 37, ch. 2000-151.
Note.--Former s. 206.972.