- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Notice to board of county commissioners before sale.
253.111 Notice to board of county commissioners before sale.--The Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund of the state may not sell any land to which they hold title unless and until they afford an opportunity to the county in which such land is situated to receive such land on the following terms and conditions:
(1) If an application is filed with the board requesting that they sell certain land to which they hold title and the board decides to sell such land or if the board, without such application, decides to sell such land, the board shall, before consideration of any private offers, notify the board of county commissioners of the county in which such land is situated that such land is available to such county. Such notification shall be given by registered mail, return receipt requested.
(2) The board of county commissioners of the county in which such land is situated shall, within 40 days after receipt of such notification from the board, determine by resolution whether or not it proposes to acquire such land.
(3) If the board receives, within 30 days after notice is given to the board of county commissioners pursuant to subsection (1), the certified copy of the resolution provided for in subsection (2), the board shall forthwith convey to the county such land at a price that is equal to its appraised market value established by generally accepted professional standards for real estate appraisal and subject to such other terms and conditions as the board determines.
(4) Nothing in this section restricts any right otherwise granted to the board by this chapter to convey land to which they hold title to the state or any department, office, authority, board, bureau, commission, institution, court, tribunal, agency, or other instrumentality of or under the state. The word "land" as used in this act means all lands vested in the Board of Trustees of the Internal Improvement Trust Fund.
(5) If any riparian owner exists with respect to any land to be sold by the board, such riparian owner shall have a right to secure such land, which right is prior in interest to the right in the county created by this section, provided that such riparian owner shall be required to pay for such land upon such prices, terms, and conditions as determined by the trustees. Such riparian owner may waive this prior right, in which case this section shall apply.
(6) This section does not apply to:
(a) Any land exchange approved by the board;
(b) The conveyance of any lands located within the Everglades Agricultural Area; or
(c) Lands managed pursuant to ss. 253.781-253.785.
History.--s. 1, ch. 65-324; ss. 27, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 79-83; s. 4, ch. 83-223; s. 3, ch. 89-174; s. 4, ch. 91-80; s. 4, ch. 92-109; s. 3, ch. 2001-275.