- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2006 Florida Statutes
Death of resident; disposition of moneys held.
296.13 Death of resident; disposition of moneys held.--
(1) Any balance of moneys which belongs to a resident and is held by the home, or by its authority, at the time of the resident's death and which is not disposed of by will, must be held as a special trust fund to be paid by the home upon proof that the administrator considers proper, directly and without probate, to heirs of the resident, except that the administrator may disburse funds of any deceased resident for payment of the resident's funeral expenses.
(2) If no heirs are discovered within 1 year after the death of a resident, or if the heirs who are discovered within that time are not entitled to all of the remaining moneys, the moneys that are not paid to the heirs nor disposed of by will must be paid to the state as provided in chapter 717.
History.--s. 8, ch. 89-168; s. 11, ch. 98-16.