- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2009 Florida Statutes
Transportation performance and productivity standards; development; measurement; application.
334.045 Transportation performance and productivity standards; development; measurement; application.--
(1) The Florida Transportation Commission shall develop and adopt measures for evaluating the performance and productivity of the department. The measures may be both quantitative and qualitative and must, to the maximum extent practical, assess those factors that are within the department's control. The measures must, at a minimum, assess performance in the following areas:
(b) Finance and administration;
(c) Preservation of the current state system;
(d) Safety of the current state system;
(e) Capacity improvements: highways and all public transportation modes; and
(f) Disadvantaged business enterprise and minority business programs.
(2) The commission shall establish annual performance objectives and standards that can be used to evaluate the department's performance and productivity.
(3) The commission shall evaluate the department's performance and productivity quarterly, using the measures adopted under this section.
(4) As soon as is practical after each annual evaluation, the commission shall submit its findings to the Governor and to the legislative transportation and appropriation committees. If the commission finds that the department failed to perform satisfactorily under these measures, the commission must recommend actions to be taken to improve the department's performance.
History.--s. 118, ch. 90-136; s. 91, ch. 92-152; s. 55, ch. 93-164; ss. 31, 32, ch. 96-323.