2013 Florida Statutes
580.081 Misbranding.—No person shall distribute misbranded commercial feed or feedstuff. A commercial feed or feedstuff shall be deemed to be misbranded:
(1) If its labeling is false or misleading in any particular.
(2) If it is distributed under the name of another commercial feed or feedstuff.
(3) If it is not labeled as required by this chapter or the rules promulgated hereunder.
(4) If it does not conform to the definition of identity and standard of quality as prescribed by rule.
(5) If any word, statement, or other information required by this chapter to appear on the label or labeling is not prominently and conspicuously placed thereon in such terms as to render it likely to be read and understood by the ordinary individual under customary conditions of purchase and use.
(6) If it is not appropriate for its intended or purported use.
(7) If a nutrient test, conducted by a laboratory certified in nutrient testing, on a sample of commercial feed or feedstuff from a given registrant shows the presence of any ingredient not listed on the label or the absence of any ingredient shown on the label. In such case, the department may impose a penalty in accordance with s. 580.121(1).
History.—s. 8, ch. 29755, 1955; s. 7, ch. 61-440; s. 3, ch. 79-66; s. 6, ch. 86-112; s. 1, ch. 88-210; s. 33, ch. 92-143; ss. 6, 7, ch. 93-90; ss. 7, 16, ch. 94-282.