The following sections of chapter 658, relating to banks and trust companies, are applicable to an association to the same extent as if the association were a “bank” operating thereunder:
(1) Section 658.12, relating to definitions.
(2) Section 658.16, relating to the creation of a banking or trust corporation.
(3) Section 658.19, relating to application for authority to organize a bank or trust company.
(4) Section 658.20, relating to investigation by office.
(5) Section 658.21, relating to approval of application, findings required.
(6) Section 658.22, relating to coordination with federal agencies.
(7) Section 658.23, relating to submission of articles of incorporation; contents; form; approval; filing; commencement or corporate existence; bylaws.
(8) Section 658.235, relating to subscriptions for stock, approval of major shareholders.
(9) Section 658.24, relating to organizational procedures.
(10) Section 658.25, relating to opening for business.
(11) Section 658.26, relating to places of transacting business; branches; school savings; facilities.
(12) Section 658.30, relating to the application of the Florida Business Corporation Act.
(13) Section 658.32, relating to annual meetings.
(14) Section 658.33, relating to directors, number, qualifications; officers.
(15) Section 658.34, relating to shares of stock.
(16) Section 658.35, relating to stock options; warrants.
(17) Section 658.36, relating to changes in capital.
(18) Section 658.37, relating to dividends and surplus.
(19) Section 658.38, relating to deposit insurance.
(20) Section 658.39, relating to stockholders; examination of records.
(21) Section 658.40, relating to definitions for merger and consolidation.
(22) Section 658.41, relating to merger, resulting state or national bank.
(23) Section 658.42, relating to plan of merger and merger agreement.
(24) Section 658.43, relating to approval by office, valuation of assets; emergency action.
(25) Section 658.44, relating to approval by stockholders; rights of dissenters; preemptive rights.
(26) Section 658.45, relating to certification of merger and effective date; effect on charters and powers.
(27) Section 658.48, relating to loans.
(28) Section 658.49, relating to loans by banks not exceeding $50,000.
(29) Section 658.491, relating to commercial loans by financial institutions.
(30) Section 658.51, relating to banks authorized to make commodity loans.
(31) Section 658.53, relating to borrowings, limits of indebtedness.
(32) Section 658.60, relating to depositories of public moneys and pledge of assets.
(33) Section 658.67, relating to investment powers and limitations.
(34) Section 658.73, relating to fees and assessments. The commission shall, by rule, adopt a separate semiannual fee and semiannual assessment for associations. In its determination, the commission shall consider the housing finance role of such associations in addition to the cost of regulation of associations and the collection of fees from such associations.
(35) Section 658.79, relating to taking possession of insolvent state banks or trust companies.
(36) Section 658.80, relating to appointment of receiver or liquidator.
(37) Section 658.81, relating to office action; notice and court confirmation.
(38) Section 658.82, relating to receiver; powers and duties.
(39) Section 658.83, relating to liquidator; powers and duties.
(40) Section 658.84, relating to transfers, assignments, deposits, and payments void after act of insolvency.
(41) Section 658.90, relating to receivers or liquidators under supervision of office.
(42) Section 658.94, relating to prima facie evidence.
(43) Section 658.95, relating to voluntary liquidation.
(44) Section 658.96, relating to procedure in voluntary liquidation.