- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2014 Florida Statutes
320.837 Warranty service.—
(1) When a service agreement exists between manufacturers, dealers, and suppliers to provide warranty service, the agreement may specify which party is to remedy warranty defects. However, when a warranty defect is not properly remedied, the responsible party as determined pursuant to s. 320.835 shall be responsible for providing warranty service.
(2) When no service agreement exists for warranty service, the responsible party as designated by s. 320.835 is responsible for remedying the warranty defect.
(3) The defect shall be remedied within 30 days of receipt of the written notification of the warranty claim unless the claim is unreasonable or bona fide reasons exist for not remedying the defect. When sufficient reasons exist for not remedying the defect or the claim is unreasonable, the responsible party shall respond to the claimant in writing with its reasons for not promptly remedying the defect and what further action is contemplated by the responsible party.
(4) When the person remedying the defect is not the responsible party as designated by s. 320.835 he or she shall be entitled to reasonable compensation paid to him or her by the responsible party. Conduct which coerces or requires a nonresponsible party to perform warranty service is a violation of this section.
(5) Warranty service shall be performed at the site at which the mobile home is initially delivered to the buyer, except for components which can be removed for service without substantial expense or inconvenience to the buyer.
History.—s. 16, ch. 74-68; s. 9, ch. 74-169; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 19, 20, ch. 88-147; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 381, ch. 95-148.