- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
185.39 Applicability.—This act applies to all municipalities, chapter plans, local law municipalities, or local law plans presently existing or to be created pursuant to this chapter. Those plans presently existing pursuant to s. 185.35 and not in compliance with the provisions of this act must comply no later than December 31, 1999. However, the plan sponsor of any plan established by special act of the Legislature shall have until July 1, 2000, to comply with the provisions of this act, except as otherwise provided in this act with regard to establishment and election of board members. The provisions of this act shall be construed to establish minimum standards and minimum benefit levels, and nothing contained in this act or in chapter 185 shall operate to reduce presently existing rights or benefits of any police officer, directly, indirectly, or otherwise.
History.—s. 26, ch. 86-42; s. 78, ch. 99-1.