- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
185.60 Optional participation.—A municipality may revoke its participation under this chapter by rescinding the legislative act, or ordinance which assesses and imposes taxes authorized in s. 185.08, and by furnishing a certified copy of such legislative act, or ordinance to the division. Thereafter, the municipality shall be prohibited from participating under this chapter, and shall not be eligible for future premium tax moneys. Premium tax moneys previously received shall continue to be used for the sole and exclusive benefit of police officers, or police officers and firefighters where included, and no amendment, legislative act, or ordinance shall be adopted which shall have the effect of reducing the then-vested accrued benefits of the police officers, retirees, or their beneficiaries. The municipality shall continue to furnish an annual report to the division as provided in s. 185.221. If the municipality subsequently terminates the defined benefit plan, they shall do so in compliance with the provisions of s. 185.37.
History.—s. 82, ch. 99-1.