- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2019 Florida Statutes
481.325 Disciplinary proceedings.—
(1) The following acts constitute grounds for which the disciplinary actions in subsection (3) may be taken:
(b) Attempting to procure a license to practice landscape architecture by bribery or fraudulent misrepresentations.
(c) Having a license to practice landscape architecture revoked, suspended, or otherwise acted against, including the denial of licensure, by the licensing authority of another state, territory, or country.
(d) Being convicted or found guilty of, or entering a plea of nolo contendere to, regardless of adjudication, a crime in any jurisdiction which directly relates to the practice of landscape architecture or the ability to practice landscape architecture.
(e) Making or filing a report or record that the licensee knows to be false, willfully failing to file a report or record required by state or federal law, willfully impeding or obstructing such filing, or inducing another person to impede or obstruct such filing. Such reports or records include only those that are signed in the capacity of a registered landscape architect.
(f) Advertising goods or services in a manner that is fraudulent, false, deceptive, or misleading in form or content.
(g) Committing an act of fraud or deceit, or of negligence, incompetency, or misconduct, in the practice of landscape architecture.
(h) Violation of any rule adopted pursuant to this part or chapter 455.
(i) Practicing on a revoked, suspended, inactive, or delinquent license.
(j) Aiding, assisting, procuring, or advising any unlicensed person to practice landscape architecture contrary to this part or to any rule of the department or of the board.
(k) Failing to perform any statutory or legal obligation placed upon a licensed landscape architect.
(l) Affixing or permitting to be affixed her or his seal or name to any plan, specification, drawing, or other document which was not prepared by her or him or under her or his responsible supervising control or which was not reviewed, approved, or modified, and adopted by her or him as her or his own work.
(2) The board shall specify, by rule, what acts or omissions constitute a violation of subsection (1).
(3) When the board finds any registered landscape architect guilty of any of the grounds set forth in subsection (1), it may enter an order imposing one or more of the following penalties:
(a) Denial of an application for licensure.
(b) Revocation or suspension of a license.
(c) Imposition of an administrative fine not to exceed $1,000 for each count or separate offense and a fine of up to $5,000 for matters pertaining to a material violation of the Florida Building Code as reported by a local jurisdiction.
(d) Issuance of a reprimand.
(e) Placement of the registered landscape architect on probation for a period of time and subject to such conditions as the board may specify, including requiring the registered landscape architect to attend continuing education courses or to work under the supervision of another registered landscape architect.
(f) Restriction of the authorized scope of practice by the registered landscape architect.
(4) The department shall reissue the license of a disciplined registered landscape architect upon certification by the board that she or he has complied with all of the terms and conditions set forth in the final order.
History.—ss. 15, 18, ch. 79-407; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 14, 18, 19, ch. 88-347; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 241, ch. 94-119; s. 425, ch. 97-103; s. 134, ch. 98-166; s. 18, ch. 98-287; s. 124, ch. 2000-141; s. 194, ch. 2000-160; s. 35, ch. 2001-186; s. 4, ch. 2001-372; s. 4, ch. 2005-30; s. 7, ch. 2005-124; s. 61, ch. 2009-195; s. 52, ch. 2010-106.