- Florida Statutes Definitions Index (2022) [PDF]
- General Laws Conversion Table (2022) [PDF]
- Preface to the Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Table of Section Changes (2022) [PDF]
- Table Tracing Session Laws to Florida Statutes (2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1971-2022) [PDF]
- Index to Special and Local Laws (1845-1970) [PDF]
- Statute Search Tips
2020 Florida Statutes
(1) A $2 fee shall be collected by a motor vehicle dealer, or by a person engaged in the business of leasing motor vehicles, from the consumer at the consummation of the sale of a motor vehicle or at the time of entry into a lease agreement for a motor vehicle. Such fees shall be remitted to the county tax collector or private tag agency acting as agent for the Department of Revenue. If the purchaser or lessee removes the motor vehicle from the state for titling and registration outside this state, the fee shall be remitted to the Department of Revenue. All fees, less the cost of administration, shall be transferred monthly to the department for deposit into the Motor Vehicle Warranty Trust Fund.
(2) The Department of Revenue shall administer, collect, and enforce the fee authorized under this section pursuant to the provisions of chapter 212. The fee shall not be included in the computation of estimated taxes pursuant to s. 212.11(1)(a), nor shall the dealer’s credit provided under s. 212.12 apply to the fee. The provisions of chapter 212 regarding the authority to audit and make assessments, the keeping of books and records, and interest and penalties on delinquent fees apply to the fee imposed by this section.
History.—s. 16, ch. 88-95; s. 22, ch. 90-203; s. 14, ch. 97-99; s. 54, ch. 2002-218; s. 26, ch. 2011-56; s. 34, ch. 2011-205.