CS/SB 8-A: Residences/Damage/Tropical Systems
GENERAL BILL by Government Efficiency Appropriations ; Atwater ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Argenziano ; Peaden ; Clary ; Siplin ; Pruitt ; Haridopolos ; Aronberg ; Villalobos ; Posey ; Crist
Residences/Damage/Tropical Systems; provides for reimbursement of portion of ad valorem tax levied on house or other residential building if building is rendered uninhabitable due to named tropical system; requires that application for such reimbursement be made with property appraiser; provides for reimbursement of state sales tax paid on purchase of mobile home to replace mobile home that experienced major damage from named tropical storm, etc. APPROPRIATION: $35,070,000.
Last Action: 12/21/2004 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor; Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2004-474
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00003; On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 12/15/04, 3:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by- Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00018; CS read first time on 12/16/04 -SJ 00019; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00018
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00017; Read second time -SJ 00009; Amendment(s) failed -SJ 00009; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00010; Read third time -SJ 00011; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00011
• In Messages; Received -HJ 00466; Read second and third times -HJ 00046; CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 00046
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00022
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor; Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2004-474
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.