CS/CS/SB 1016: Construction Contracting
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Regulated Industries ; Argenziano
Construction Contracting; makes certain restrictions in bonds issued for public works projects unenforceable; revises direct contract provision requirement; preserves lien rights of certain persons; revises provisions authorizing use of certain payment bonds to transfer certain recorded liens; provides that contractor may commence action to enforce claim any time after notice of nonpayment has been served, etc. Amends Ch. 713, 255.05, 489.129,.533.
Last Action: 5/4/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00940; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00940; Substituted HB 113 -SJ 00940; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 113 (Ch. 2005-227)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Productivity
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00064
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/21/05, 2:45 pm, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00266; CS read first time on 03/23/05 -SJ 00287
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00266
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/06/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00377
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00377; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS/CS by- Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00421; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00427
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00421
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00940; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00940; Substituted HB 113 -SJ 00940; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 113 (Ch. 2005-227)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.