CS/HB 1033: Genetic Counseling Practice Act
GENERAL BILL by Cusack ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Harrell
Genetic Counseling Practice Act; provides legislative purpose & intent; requires licensure to practice genetic counseling; creates Genetic Counselors Board & provides for appointment & staggering of terms of its members; provides for denial of licensure or imposition of other disciplinary actions authorized by law; creates said board within Medical Quality Assurance Div. in DOH, etc. Creates part XV of Ch. 468; amends 20.43, 456.001.
• Referred to Health Care Regulation (HFC); Health Care Appropriations (FC); Health & Families Council
• Introduced, referred to Health Care Regulation (HFC); Health Care Appropriations (FC); Health & Families Council -HJ 00090
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Regulation (HFC), 03/30/05, 9:00 am, 212-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Regulation (HFC), 04/06/05, 10:30 am, 212-K
• Favorable by Health Care Regulation (HFC); YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 00459; Now in Health Care Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00459
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations (FC), 04/11/05, 4:15 pm, Morris Hall --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations (FC), 04/15/05, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations (FC); YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 00562; Now in Health & Families Council -HJ 00562
• On Council agenda-- Health & Families Council, 04/22/05, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Health & Families Council; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00675
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00675
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.