SB 106: State Retirement Program
GENERAL BILL by Constantine
State Retirement Program; provides that disability of employee who works in another state full time may be certified by physicians licensed in that state; corrects cross-reference; increases size of State Retirement Commission from three to five members; revises quorum requirements of commission; deletes provision that requires 1 academic year of employment or appointment in State University System for participation in optional retirement program. Amends 121.091,.22,.24,.35.
Last Action: 6/3/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-134
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 01/26/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00014; On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 01/26/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00103; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00103
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00003; Read second time -SJ 00130; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00130; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00131
• Read third time -SJ 00221; Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00222
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01155
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second and third times -HJ 01230; Substituted for HB 163 -HJ 01230; Passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 0 -HJ 01230
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00909
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-134
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.