CS/SB 1060: Nursing Shortage
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Health Care ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fasano ; Peaden ; Miller
Nursing Shortage; revises criteria for receiving funds under Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program; requires Board of Nursing to adopt rules requiring nursing applicants & licensees to submit certain information concerning employment & education; provides appropriation to Fla. Center for Nursing for conducting study, analyzing data, & planning to implement recommendations re nursing shortage in this state, etc. Amends 1009.66. APPROPRIATION: $27,014,119.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Education Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• SPB 7026 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1060) by Health Care
• Referred to Health Care; Education; Education Appropriations; Ways and Means
• Introduced, referred to Health Care; Education; Education Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00067; On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 03/09/05, 1:30 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Health Care; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00176
• Now in Education -SJ 00176
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/28/05, 3:15 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00300; CS read first time on 03/30/05 -SJ 00311
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00300
• Died in Committee on Education Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.