CS/SB 1144: Public Records & Meetings
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Argenziano
Public Records & Meetings; clarifies general state policy on public records; makes editorial & conforming changes; transfers exemptions from public records requirements under that section to indicated sections of Florida Statutes; transfers exemptions provided for social security numbers to specified provision; revises standards & guidelines for review & repeal of exemptions from public records & public meetings requirements pursuant to OGSR Act, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 6/17/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-251
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Judiciary; Rules and Calendar
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Judiciary; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00071
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 03/22/05, 3:45 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00266; CS read first time on 03/23/05 -SJ 00287
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00266
• Withdrawn from Judiciary -SJ 00348; Now in Rules and Calendar
• Withdrawn from Rules and Calendar -SJ 00376; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00418; Read second time -SJ 00408
• Read third time -SJ 00447; CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00448
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 00586
• Substituted for HB 1731 -HJ 00610; Read second time -HJ 00610; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00610
• Read third time -HJ 00690; CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 00691
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -SJ 01108; Concurred -SJ 01109; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01109; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01109
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-251
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.