SB 1250: Independent Postsecondary Education
GENERAL BILL by Wise
Independent Postsecondary Education; revises duty of Independent Education Commission re rulemaking; provides requirements of independent postsecondary educational institutions licensed by commission; specifies acts that constitute violations & provides penalties therefor; provides requirements for investigation of suspected violation of chapter or rules; provides additional grounds for disciplinary actions, etc. Amends Ch. 1005, 1010.83.
Last Action: 5/2/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00811; Read second time -SJ 00781; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00781; Substituted HB 1089 -SJ 00781; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1089 (Ch. 2005-202), HB 1091 (Ch. 2005-203)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Criminal Justice; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/07/05, 2:30 pm, 110-S
• Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Introduced, referred to Education; Criminal Justice; Education Appropriations -SJ 00077; On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/07/05, 2:30 pm, 110-S; Favorable with 2 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00102; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00102
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/15/05, 12:00 noon, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00187
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00187
• Withdrawn from Education Appropriations -SJ 00637; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00811; Read second time -SJ 00781; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00781; Substituted HB 1089 -SJ 00781; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1089 (Ch. 2005-202), HB 1091 (Ch. 2005-203)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.