CS/CS/CS/SB 1314: Independent Living
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Children and Families ; Rich ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Dawson ; Smith ; Wilson ; Campbell ; Bullard ; Klein ; Crist
Independent Living; authorizes child in foster care to petition court to retain jurisdiction of his or her case; provides that jurisdiction of court terminates under specified conditions; requires that DCFS enroll certain young adults who were formerly in foster care in Fla. KidCare Program if they do not otherwise have health insurance or are not eligible for Medicaid, etc. Amends FS. APPROPRIATION: $1,100,000.
Last Action: 6/10/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-179
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children and Families; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Children and Families; Judiciary; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00080
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 03/16/05, 1:00 pm, 301-S
• CS by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00228; CS read first time on 03/17/05 -SJ 00232
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00228
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00455; CS read first time on 04/14/05 -SJ 00458
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00455
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/26/05, 3:00 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00640; CS read first time on 04/27/05 -SJ 00644
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00640
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00742; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00742; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00743
• Read third time -SJ 00771; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00772
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01171; Read second and third times -HJ 01171; Substituted for HB 1319 -HJ 01171; CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 01171
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00909
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-179
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.