CS/CS/HB 1323: Charter Schools
GENERAL BILL by Attkisson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman
Charter Schools; (THIS BILL COMBINED IN H6007) revises charter school purposes & application process including review, approval or denial, & appeal; provides that charter lab school that elects to provide student transportation is eligible for funding for that purpose; modifies list of special academic programs for transitioning students from military families; establishes Charter School Task Force, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 4/26/2005 House - This bill combined with 91, 1021, 1223, 1365, 1737, 1791 & 1847 -HJ 00728; Original bill laid on Table, under Rule 7.9(c), refer to HCB 6007 (Died in House returning Messages) -HJ 00728
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00114
• Referred to Choice & Innovation (EDC); Education Appropriations (FC); Education Council -HJ 00224
• On Committee agenda-- Choice & Innovation (EDC), 03/29/05, 1:45 pm, 214-C --Discussed
• On Committee agenda-- Choice & Innovation (EDC), 04/05/05, 1:45 pm, 214-C
• Favorable with CS amendment by Choice & Innovation (EDC); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00486
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Education Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00486
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations (FC), 04/15/05, 12:30 pm, 212-K
• Favorable with CS amendment by Education Appropriations (FC); YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -HJ 00591
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Education Council -HJ 00591
• This bill combined with 91, 1021, 1223, 1365, 1737, 1791 & 1847 -HJ 00728; Original bill laid on Table, under Rule 7.9(c), refer to HCB 6007 (Died in House returning Messages) -HJ 00728
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.