CS/HB 1591: Voting/Public Records
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Brown ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler
Voting/Public Records; revises exemption from public-records law which is provided for information concerning persons who decline to register to vote, information re place where person registered to vote or updated registration, & voter's signature & social security number; expands public-records exemption for names, addresses, & telephone numbers of participants in Address Confidentiality Program for Victims of Domestic Violence, etc. Amends 97.0585, 741.465.
Last Action: 6/20/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-279; See also HB 1589 (Ch. 2005-278)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Introduced -HJ 00141
• Referred to Ethics & Elections (SAC); Governmental Operations (SAC); State Administration Council -HJ 00253
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics & Elections (SAC), 04/06/05, 1:00 pm, 306-H
• Favorable by Ethics & Elections (SAC); YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -HJ 00460; Now in Governmental Operations (SAC) -HJ 00460
• Withdrawn from Governmental Operations (SAC) -HJ 00534; Now in State Administration Council; On Council agenda-- State Administration Council, 04/20/05, 9:15 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- State Administration Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00617
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00617
• Placed on Special Order Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -HJ 00719; Read second time -HJ 00829; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00830
• Read third time -HJ 01004; Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 01004
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00751
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00841; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 2178 -SJ 00841; Read second time -SJ 00841; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00841
• Read third time -SJ 01061; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01061
• In returning messages
• Concurred -HJ 01398; Passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 01399; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01400
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-279; See also HB 1589 (Ch. 2005-278)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.