CS/SB 1624: Firefighters' Pensions
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Campbell
Firefighters' Pensions; provides that any municipality that provides fire protection services to another municipality under interlocal agreement is eligible to receive premium taxes; authorizes DOR within DMS to distribute said taxes; authorizes any municipality that has entered into interlocal agreement for fire protection services with another municipality to impose excise tax on entities that are engaged in business of property insurance, etc.
Last Action: 5/4/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00917; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00917; Substituted HB 1159 -SJ 00917; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1159 (Ch. 2005-205)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00141
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/05/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00349; CS read first time on 04/06/05 -SJ 00352
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 00349
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/19/05, 9:15 am, 412-K
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00524
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00524
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/26/05, 11:45 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00638
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00638
• Withdrawn from Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00743; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00917; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00917; Substituted HB 1159 -SJ 00917; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1159 (Ch. 2005-205)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.