SB 1678: Public School Class Size
GENERAL BILL by Alexander ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn ; Crist
Public School Class Size; revises provisions re determination of class size averages for purpose of compliance with class size maximums; provides for reversal of class size reduction operating categorical transfers under certain circumstances. Amends 1003.03.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00144
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/05/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00324; Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00324
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/12/05, 3:15 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00419
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00419
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00523; Read second time -SJ 00505; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00505; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00505
• Read third time -SJ 00548; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00548
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01164
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Substituted for HB 903 -HJ 01227; Read second time -HJ 01227
• Read third time -HJ 01285; Amendment(s) failed -HJ 01285; Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 1 -HJ 01286
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01075
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received, referred to Rules and Calendar (2005-B) -SJ 00011, -SJ 00023; (2006 Regular Session) -SJ 00202, -SJ 00214
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.