CS/SB 1720: Sales Tax/Textbooks
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Haridopolos
Sales Tax/Textbooks; exempts certain textbooks from tax on sales, use, & other transactions; defines terms for purposes of tax exemption. Amends 212.08.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Government Efficiency Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Education; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00176
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/12/05, 1:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00463; CS read first time on 04/19/05 -SJ 00469
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00463
• Died in Committee on Government Efficiency Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.