CS/HB 1743: Constitutional Amendments
GENERAL BILL by Ethics & Elections Committee ; Reagan
Constitutional Amendments; requires Attorney General to provide to Secretary of State & sponsor copy of petition to Supreme Court requesting advisory opinion as to validity of initiative petition; requires Supreme Court to render certain advisory opinions by April 1 of general election year; requires initiative petitions to be filed by February 1 of general election year in order to be placed on ballot, etc. Amends 16.061, 100.371.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Ethics and Elections, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1589 (Ch. 2005-278)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Introduced -HJ 00231
• Referred to Judiciary (JC); State Administration Council -HJ 00326
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary (JC), 04/13/05, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Judiciary (JC); YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00530; Now in State Administration Council -HJ 00530
• On Council agenda-- State Administration Council, 04/20/05, 9:15 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- State Administration Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 00618
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00618
• Placed on Special Order Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -HJ 00719; Read second time -HJ 00830; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00830; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00830
• Read third time -HJ 01004; Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 01004
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00816
• Died in Committee on Ethics and Elections, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1589 (Ch. 2005-278)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.