CS/CS/HB 1471: Petition Fraud/Voter Protection Act
GENERAL BILL by Goodlette ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Brummer ; Cannon ; Carroll ; Kottkamp ; Pickens ; Sansom ; Stargel
Petition Fraud/Voter Protection Act; provides for certain petitions to be verified by certain method; requires certain provisions to be satisfied before signature on petition may be counted; revises requirements for placement of constitutional amendments proposed by initiative on ballot for general election; provides for regulation of initiative petition circulators, etc. Amends Chs. 99, 100, 101, 104.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1589 (Ch. 2005-278)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00128
• Referred to Judiciary (JC); Justice Council; Original reference(s)- removed: Judiciary (JC); Justice Council; Referred to Ethics & Elections (SAC); State Administration Council -HJ 00233
• On Committee agenda-- Ethics & Elections (SAC), 04/06/05, 1:00 pm, 306-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by Ethics & Elections (SAC); YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -HJ 00486
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in State Administration Council -HJ 00486; On Council agenda-- State Administration Council, 04/13/05, 3:15 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- State Administration Council; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00563
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00563
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00554; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00555; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00556
• Temporarily postponed, on Third Reading -HJ 00582
• Temporarily postponed, on Third Reading -HJ 00594
• Temporarily postponed, on Third Reading -HJ 00621
• Read third time -HJ 00686; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00686; Passed as amended; YEAS 96 NAYS 22 -HJ 00690
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Ethics and Elections; Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00705
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00774; Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1996 -SJ 00775; Read second time -SJ 00774; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00806
• Died on Calendar, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1589 (Ch. 2005-278)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.