CS/SB 1744: Workers' Comp. for First Responders
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Alexander ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Geller ; Aronberg ; Crist ; Bullard ; Lynn ; Campbell
Workers' Comp. for First Responders; provides standard of proof for first responders with injury or disease caused by exposure to toxic substance; provides that any adverse result or complication re small pox vaccinations is injury by accident arising out of employment for first responders; provides standard of proof for first responders in cases involving occupational disease, etc. Creates 112.1815.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Community Affairs
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Community Affairs; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00177
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/05/05, 3:15 pm, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 04/13/05, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00463; CS read first time on 04/19/05 -SJ 00469
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00463
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/26/05, 11:45 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00638
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00638
• Died in Committee on Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.