CS/CS/SB 1872: Biomedical Research
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Appropriations ; Health Care ; Saunders ; Fasano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) King ; Smith ; Rich ; Dockery ; Wise ; Bullard ; Klein ; Crist
Biomedical Research; (THIS BILL COMBINES S1872 & 2378) provides legislative intent; redistributes certain funds collected from taxes on alcoholic beverages; revises purpose of Fla. Center for Universal Research to Eradicate Disease; requires Legislature to annually appropriate funds to James & Esther King Biomedical Research Program; creates memory disorder clinic at Fla. Atlantic Univ., Boca Raton, in Palm Beach Co., etc. Amends 561.121, 215.5602, 1004.445, 430.502, Ch. 381. APPROPRIATION: $36,000,000.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 House - Died in Committee on Health Care General (HFC), Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 404 (Ch. 2005-60)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Health Care; Health and Human Services Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00189
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 03/30/05, 2:00 pm, 412-K
• CS combines this bill with SB 2378; Combined CS additional reference(s): Ways and Means; CS by Health Care; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00325; CS read first time on 04/05/05 -SJ 00332; Remaining combined CS references: Health and Human Services Appropriations; Ways and Means
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00325
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/12/05, 3:15 pm, 401-S
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00421; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00431
• Withdrawn from- Ways and Means -SJ 00418; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00421
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00609; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00609; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00612
• Read third time -SJ 00663; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00663, -SJ 00682; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00682
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Health Care General (HFC) -HJ 01260
• Died in Committee on Health Care General (HFC), Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to CS/CS/SB 404 (Ch. 2005-60)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.