CS/CS/SB 404: Health Care
GENERAL BILL by Ways and Means ; Health and Human Services Appropriations ; Saunders
Health Care; deletes provisions authorizing AHCA to adopt emergency rules governing home & community-based services delivery system; delays provisions requiring nursing home staffing increase; provides Medicaid rate-setting process; revises Medicaid prescribed drug spending control program; directs AHCA to implement, & authorizes it to seek federal waivers for, program of all-inclusive care for children; establishes memory disorder clinic at FAU, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 5/26/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-60; See also CS/CS/SB 838 (Ch. 2005-133), SB 2602 (Ch. 2005-71)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health and Human Services Appropriations; Ways and Means
• Introduced, referred to Health and Human Services Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00030
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 03/23/05, 9:00 am, 401-S
• CS by Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00301; CS read first time on 03/30/05 -SJ 00310
• Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00301
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means, 03/31/05, 12:30 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Ways and Means; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 00325; CS read first time on 04/05/05 -SJ 00327
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00325
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00377; Read second time -SJ 00372; Read third time -SJ 00372; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00372; Immediately certified -SJ 00372
• In Messages; Received -HJ 00440; Read second time -HJ 00440; Substituted for HB 1893 -HJ 00440; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00440; Read third time -HJ 00445; CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 00445; Requested Senate to concur or failing to concur, appoint conference committee -HJ 00454
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -SJ 00396; Refused to concur and acceded to the request for a conference committee -SJ 00401
• Conference Committee appointed: Reps Negron-Ch; Mahon-V-Ch; Gardiner, Waters, Rubio, Goodlette, Bowen, Simmons, Brummer, Greenstein, Jennings, Ryan; Mayfield, Evers, Brown, Kendrick, Stansel, Poppell, Littlefield, Machek; Pickens, Arza, Rivera, Attkisson, Baxley, Flores, Sansom, Mealor, Richardson, Vana, Bendross-Mindingall, Justice, Altman; Bean, Benson, Murzin, Cannon, Galvano, Garcia, Farkas, Roberson, Gannon, Bilirakis, Sobel, Hays; Barreiro, Needelman, Kottkamp, Planas, Adams, Hasner, Seiler, Joyner, Clarke, Gelber; Berfield, Troutman, Carroll, Quinones, Sands, Reagan, Gibson, Patterson; D Davis, Llorente, Bogdanoff, M Davis, Traviesa, Kravitz, Cusack, Ausley, McInvale, Allen -HJ 00593
• Conference Committee appointed: Senators Carlton, Chair; Ways and Means; Education Appropriations: Alexander, Chair; Bullard, Constantine, King, Klein, Lynn, Miller, Wise; General Government Appropriations: Clary, Chair; Baker, Garcia, Lawson; Health and Human Services Appropriations: Saunders, Chair; Bennett, Dawson, Jones, Peaden, Pruitt, Rich, Wilson; Justice Appropriations: Crist, Chair; Argenziano, Aronberg, Siplin, Smith, Villalobos; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations: Fasano, Chair; Dockery, Hill, Margolis, Sebesta, Webster -SJ 00534
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 01266; Conference Committee Report adopted -SJ 01282; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 01282
• In returning messages; Conference Committee Report received -HJ 01638; Conference Committee Report adopted -HJ 01639; Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 84 NAYS 30 -HJ 01655
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01662
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-60; See also CS/CS/SB 838 (Ch. 2005-133), SB 2602 (Ch. 2005-71)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.