HB 1889: Documentary Stamp Tax Revenue
GENERAL BILL by Fiscal Council ; Negron ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler
Documentary Stamp Tax Revenue; revises monetary criteria for distributing portions of tax to certain trust funds; requires that proceeds of tax in excess of specified amounts be deposited into General Revenue Fund; revises monetary criteria for distributing portions of tax to State Housing Trust Fund & Local Government Housing Trust Fund for purposes of preserving rights of holders of affordable housing guarantees, etc. Amends 201.15. APPROPRIATION: $250,000,000.
Last Action: 5/26/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-92
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed; Referred to Calendar -HJ 00353
• Introduced -HJ 00353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00392; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00393; Amendment(s) failed -HJ 00393; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00394; Read third time -HJ 00394; Passed as amended; YEAS 80 NAYS 33 -HJ 00394
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Ways and Means -SJ 00436; Withdrawn from Ways and Means -SJ 00418; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00523
• Placed on Special Order Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00717; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00717
• Read third time -SJ 00757; Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as further amended -SJ 00757; Passed as amended; YEAS 27 NAYS 11 -SJ 00757
• In returning messages
• Concurred -HJ 01559; Passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 7 -HJ 01565; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 01566
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-92
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.