CS/CS/HB 1937: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Insurance Committee ; Ross ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Farkas ; Russell ; Waters
Property Insurance; specifies certain consumer protection measures re roofing construction to be in effect following certain executive orders; limits insurer's recoupment of reimbursement premium; limits use of certain methodologies in determining hurricane loss factors for reimbursement premium rates in certain rate filings; requires Insurance Regulation Office to submit report to Legislature re residential property insurance, etc. Amends 489.1285, Ch. 627.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Banking and Insurance, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1939 (Ch. 2005-264), CS/SB 1486 (Ch. 2005-111)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to State Administration Appropriations (FC); Commerce Council -HJ 00362, -HJ 00457
• On Committee agenda-- State Administration Appropriations (FC), 04/11/05, 4:15 pm, 12-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by State Administration Appropriations (FC); YEAS 8 NAYS 1 -HJ 00530
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b)
• Now in Commerce Council -HJ 00530
• On Council agenda-- Commerce Council, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Commerce Council; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -HJ 00675
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00675
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00715; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00716; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00718
• Temporarily postponed, on Third Reading -HJ 00735
• Read third time -HJ 00995; Amendment(s) failed -HJ 00995; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00997; Passed as amended; YEAS 96 NAYS 20 -HJ 00997
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Productivity; General Government Appropriations; Ways and Means; Rules and Calendar -SJ 00817
• Died in Committee on Banking and Insurance, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1939 (Ch. 2005-264), CS/SB 1486 (Ch. 2005-111)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.