CS/SB 2216: Tax Refund/Defense Contractors
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations ; Saunders ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Klein ; Haridopolos ; King ; Dockery ; Lynn
Tax Refund/Defense Contractors; revises reporting requirement re qualified target industry businesses & qualified defense contractors; redefines term "jobs"; clarifies that state communications services taxes may be refunded; revises requirements for application for certification; permits qualified applicant to seek economic-stimulus exemption due to effects of named hurricane or tropical storm; extends period of exemption, etc. Amends 288.095,.1045,.106.
Last Action: 4/27/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Substituted HB 1483 -SJ 00616; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1483 (Ch. 2005-276), CS/SB 1154 (Ch. 2005-66)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00213
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/29/05, 2:30 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00319
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 00319
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/12/05, 1:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00419
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00419
• Withdrawn from Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00454; Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 309-C
• CS by- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00568; CS read first time on 04/26/05 -SJ 00583
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00568
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Substituted HB 1483 -SJ 00616; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 1483 (Ch. 2005-276), CS/SB 1154 (Ch. 2005-66)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.