CS/CS/SB 2254: Community Colleges
GENERAL BILL by Education Appropriations ; Education ; King ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Pruitt ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Bullard
Community Colleges; provides that community colleges that grant baccalaureate degrees pursuant to specified provision remain under authority of State Bd. of Educ. re specified responsibilities; provides guidelines & restrictions for setting tuition & out-of-state fees for upper-division courses; provides that isolated student who attends charter school governed by community college generates school transportation funding according to specified formula, etc. Amends FS.
• Introduced, referred to Education; Education Appropriations -SJ 00216
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/28/05, 3:15 pm, 110-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/05/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 1 -SJ 00377; CS read first time on 04/07/05 -SJ 00385
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00377
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 412-K --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/26/05, 3:00 pm, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00690; CS read first time on 04/28/05 -SJ 00699
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00690
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 01074; Read second time -SJ 00939; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00939; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00940
• Read third time -SJ 01102; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01103; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 01103
• In Messages --Temporarily postponed -HJ 01937
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.