CS/SB 2646: Lobbying
GENERAL BILL by Ways and Means ; Sebesta
Lobbying; defines terms "compensation" & "lobbying firm"; requires each lobbying firm to file quarterly compensation reports; provides requirements for lobbyists & lobbying firms filing reports with Legislative Info. Services Div. by means of division's electronic filing system; requires that Auditor General conduct random audits of compensation reports filed by legislative & executive lobbyists, etc. Amends Chs. 11, 112.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced, referred to Ethics and Elections; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00217; On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 03/21/05, 12:30 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00265
• Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00265
• Withdrawn from General Government Appropriations -SJ 00264; Referred to Ways and Means -SJ 00264
• On Committee agenda-- Ways and Means, 03/31/05, 12:30 pm, 412-K
• CS by- Ways and Means; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 00325; CS read first time on 04/05/05 -SJ 00334
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00325
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00348; Read second time -SJ 00342
• Read third time -SJ 00357; CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00358
• Reconsidered -SJ 00752; Was taken up -SJ 00790; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00791; Was taken up -SJ 00803; Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as further amended -SJ 00804; CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 1 -SJ 00804
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01566; Read second time -HJ 01594; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01595; Read third time -HJ 01604; CS passed as amended; YEAS 96 NAYS 18 -HJ 01604
• In returning messages; Was taken up -SJ 01550; Refused to concur, requested House to recede -SJ 01551
• In returning messages; Refused to recede, requests Senate to concur -HJ 01722
• In returning messages; Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.