CS/SB 348: Family Court Efficiency
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Appropriations ; Lynn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rich ; Bullard
Family Court Efficiency; authorizes Supreme Court to create system to identify cases re individuals & families within court system; provides for limited admissibility of evidence in subsequent civil proceedings; eliminates provisions authorizing court to award grandparents visitation rights; provides for order of temporary custody, visitation, or support to remain in effect until court enters order in subsequent action, etc. Amends FS.
Last Action: 6/17/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-239
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Children and Families; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Children and Families
• Introduced, referred to Judiciary; Children and Families; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00027; On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/26/05, 2:00 pm, 401-S; Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00101; Now in Children and Families -SJ 00101; On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 03/08/05, 2:30 pm, 301-S; Favorable by Children and Families; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00134
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00134
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Appropriations, 04/12/05, 3:15 pm, 401-S
• CS by- Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00421; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00424
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00421
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00523
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -SJ 00553; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00553; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00553
• Read third time -SJ 00606; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00606
• In Messages; Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01009
• Substituted for HB 145 -HJ 01076; Read second time -HJ 01076; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01076; Read third time -HJ 01076; CS passed as amended; YEAS 111 NAYS 0 -HJ 01077
• In returning messages
• Concurred -SJ 01232; CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 01232; Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01232
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-239
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.