CS/SB 484: Health Care/Nursing
GENERAL BILL by Health Care ; Peaden ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Health Care/Nursing; revises purpose of Home Health Agencies law to include licensure of nurse registries; revises requirements for license application by home health agency; changes timeframe for home health agency to retain patient records; provides for continued confidentiality of patient information in compliance with federal law; revises requirements governing nurse registries & increases license fee, etc. Amends Ch. 400.
Last Action: 6/17/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-243; See also CS/SB 474 (Ch. 2005-170), CS/SB 720 (Ch. 2005-172)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Care; Criminal Justice; Health and Human Services Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Health Care; Criminal Justice; Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00034; On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 03/09/05, 1:30 pm, 412-K --Temporarily postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care, 03/22/05, 3:45 pm, 412-K
• CS by Health Care; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 00300; CS read first time on 03/30/05 -SJ 00310
• Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00300
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/06/05, 2:00 pm, 37-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00419
• Now in Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00419
• Withdrawn from Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 00553; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00615; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00615; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00615
• Read third time -SJ 00666; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00666; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00667
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01156
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01181; Substituted for HB 739 -HJ 01182; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 01182, -HJ 01187
• Read third time -HJ 01272; Amendment(s) reconsidered, adopted as amended -HJ 01272; CS passed as amended; YEAS 110 NAYS 8 -HJ 01272
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to House amendment(s) adopted -SJ 01304; Concurred in House amendment(s) as amended -SJ 01309; Requested House to concur -SJ 01309; CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 01309
• In returning messages; Was taken up -HJ 01624; Concurred -HJ 01625; CS passed as amended; YEAS 103 NAYS 10 -HJ 01625
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 01662
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-243; See also CS/SB 474 (Ch. 2005-170), CS/SB 720 (Ch. 2005-172)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.