CS/HB 561: Agricultural Economic Development
GENERAL BILL by Pickens ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Allen ; Bowen ; Cannon ; Grimsley ; Poppell ; Proctor ; Sansom ; Stansel ; Troutman
Agricultural Economic Development; provides cause of action for landowners aggrieved by certain changes to agricultural land use; defines terms "agricultural enclave" & "family farm agricultural enclave"; requires land use plans to establish appropriate uses of lands in agricultural enclaves; amends acreage limits for rural land stewardship areas; provides requirements re purchase of land on which agricultural lease exists, etc. Amends Chs. 70, 163, 373; creates 259.047.
Last Action: 5/6/2005 Senate - Died in Committee on Agriculture
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Agriculture (SRC); Agriculture & Environment Appropriations (FC); State Resources Council
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture (SRC), 02/23/05, 2:00 pm, 214-C
• Favorable by Agriculture (SRC); YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Now in Agriculture & Environment Appropriations (FC)
• Introduced, referred to Agriculture (SRC); Agriculture & Environment Appropriations (FC); State Resources Council -HJ 00054; On Committee agenda-- Agriculture (SRC), 02/23/05, 2:00 pm, 214-C; Favorable by Agriculture (SRC); YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 00154; Now in Agriculture & Environment Appropriations (FC) -HJ 00154
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture & Environment Appropriations (FC), 03/11/05, 9:00 am, 306-H
• Favorable by Agriculture & Environment Appropriations (FC); YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 00225; Now in State Resources Council -HJ 00225
• On Council agenda-- State Resources Council, 03/16/05, 1:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by- State Resources Council; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 00230
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00230
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00243; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00243; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00243
• Read third time -HJ 00284; Passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 00285
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Agriculture; Community Affairs; Environmental Preservation -SJ 00354
• Died in Committee on Agriculture
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.