CS/CS/SB 652: Public Construction Bonds
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Governmental Oversight and Productivity ; Sebesta
Public Construction Bonds; revises requirements for form used for public construction bonds; requires payment provisions of said bonds to be construed as statutory bonds; requires payment bond forms to reference notice & time limitation provisions; provides that surety issuing payment or performance bond on certain projects is not insurer for purpose of specified civil remedies. Amends 255.05, 624.155.
Last Action: 6/14/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-218
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity; Judiciary -SJ 00043
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Productivity, 04/06/05, 2:00 pm, 110-S
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Productivity; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00378; CS read first time on 04/07/05 -SJ 00381
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 00378
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/20/05, 9:15 am, 401-S --Not considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/22/05, 9:30 am, 401-S
• CS/CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00567; CS read first time on 04/26/05 -SJ 00573
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00567
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00689; Read second time -SJ 00688; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00688; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00688
• Read third time -SJ 00712; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00712
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Calendar -HJ 01252
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 01333; Substituted for HB 487 -HJ 01342; Read third time -HJ 01333; CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 01333
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01075
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-218
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.