CS/SB 768: Instruction for Exceptional Students
GENERAL BILL by Children and Families ; Lynn ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) King ; Wilson
Instruction for Exceptional Students; provides guidelines for determining residency of student who receives instruction as exceptional student with disability; requires student's placing authority or parent to pay cost of such instruction, facilities, & services; provides responsibilities of DOE; requires DOE to develop individual education plan form for use in developing & implementing individual education plans for exceptional students, etc. Amends Ch. 1003.
• Referred to Education; Children and Families; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/22/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Now in Children and Families
• Introduced, referred to Education; Children and Families; Education Appropriations -SJ 00050; On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/22/05, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00101; Now in Children and Families -SJ 00101
• On Committee agenda-- Children and Families, 04/05/05, 1:00 pm, 301-S
• CS by Children and Families; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00349; CS read first time on 04/06/05 -SJ 00351
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00349
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/21/05, 9:15 am, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00554; Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00554
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00638; Read second time -SJ 00625; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00625; Ordered engrossed -SJ 00625
• Read third time -SJ 00680; CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 00680
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.