CS/CS/SB 782: Chad Meredith Act
GENERAL BILL by Justice Appropriations ; Criminal Justice ; Campbell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bullard
Chad Meredith Act; specifies conduct that constitutes hazing at high schools with grades 9-12; creates new offenses of hazing at such high school; authorizes court to impose condition of drug or alcohol probation in certain circumstances; provides for felony & misdemeanor offenses of hazing at postsecondary educational institutions; requires court to impose hazing education course as condition of sentence in certain circumstances, etc. Amends 1006.63, 1001.64.
Last Action: 4/29/2005 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00738; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00738; Substituted HB 193 -SJ 00738; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 193 (Ch. 2005-146)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Education; Criminal Justice; Justice Appropriations -SJ 00051
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/05/05, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00324; Now in Criminal Justice -SJ 00324
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/12/05, 9:00 am, 37-S
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 00420; CS read first time on 04/13/05 -SJ 00426
• Now in Justice Appropriations -SJ 00420
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations, 04/26/05, 3:00 pm, 37-S
• CS/CS by- Justice Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00640; CS read first time on 04/27/05 -SJ 00642
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00640
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00744; Read second time -SJ 00738; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00738; Substituted HB 193 -SJ 00738; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 193 (Ch. 2005-146)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.