SB 40-B: Public-Records & Meetings/Lobbyists
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Sebesta
Public-Records & Meetings/Lobbyists; creates public-records exemption for records re audit of lobbying firm lobbying executive branch or Constitution Revision Commission or investigation of violations of lobbying compensation reporting laws for executive branch or said commission; creates public-meetings exemption for discussions of such records; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemptions, etc. Amends 112.3215.
Last Action: 12/20/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-361; See also SB 6-B (Ch. 2005-359)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed - Subject to Motion to Introduce Outside the Call of the Governor
• Considered outside purview of the Call -SJ 00002, -SJ 00003; Introduction allowed -SJ 00002, -SJ 00003; Introduced, referred to Ethics and Elections -SJ 00003; On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 12/05/05, 5:15 pm, 412-K --Temporarily postponed -SJ 00004; On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 12/06/05, 12:45 pm, 412-K
• Favorable by- Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00029
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00029; Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00029
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00029; Read second time -SJ 00042; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00042; Read third time -SJ 00043; Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00043
• In Messages; Considered outside purview of the Call -HJ 00049; Introduction allowed -HJ 00049; Received -HJ 00049; Read second time -HJ 00049; Read third time -HJ 00049; Passed; YEAS 106 NAYS 9 -HJ 00049
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00055
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-361; See also SB 6-B (Ch. 2005-359)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.