SB 6-B: Lobbying
GENERAL BILL by Sebesta
Lobbying; amends provisions re registration & reporting requirements for legislative lobbyists & lobbyists of executive branch & Constitution Revision Commission; requires each principal upon registration of principal's lobbyist to identify principal's main business; prohibits lobbying expenditures, except for certain floral arrangements & celebratory items, etc. Amends 11.045,.40, 112.3215; creates 11.0455, 112.32155.
Last Action: 12/20/2005 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-359; See also SB 40-B (Ch. 2005-361)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Filed - Subject to Motion to Introduce Outside the Call of the Governor
• Considered outside purview of the Call -SJ 00002; Introduction allowed -SJ 00002; Introduced, referred to Ethics and Elections -SJ 00003; On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 12/05/05, 5:15 pm, 412-K --Temporarily postponed -SJ 00004; On Committee agenda-- Ethics and Elections, 12/06/05, 12:45 pm, 412-K
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Ethics and Elections; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00029
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00029; Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00029
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00029; Read second time -SJ 00033; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00034; Read third time -SJ 00042; Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 3 -SJ 00042
• In Messages; Received -HJ 00048; Read second time -HJ 00048; Considered outside purview of the Call -HJ 00048; Introduction allowed -HJ 00048; Read third time -HJ 00048; Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 6 -HJ 00048
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 00055
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2005-359; See also SB 40-B (Ch. 2005-361)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.