CS/CS/CS/SB 1030: Charter Schools
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Education Appropriations ; Judiciary ; Wise
Charter Schools; provides chartering authority; establishes Florida Schools of Excellence Commission as charter school authorizing entity; provides powers & duties of commission, including serving as sponsor of charter schools, approving certain entities to act as cosponsors, approving or denying applications for Florida Schools of Excellence (FSE) charter schools, & developing standards for & evaluating performance, etc. Creates 1002.335; amends 1002.33.
Last Action: 5/3/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00895; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00896; Substituted HB 135 -SJ 00896; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 135 (Ch. 2006-302)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Judiciary; Education Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/07/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0
• Now in Judiciary
• Introduced, referred to Education; Judiciary; Education Appropriations -SJ 00102; On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/07/06, 9:00 am, 110-S; Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00192; Now in Judiciary -SJ 00193
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/06, 2:00 pm, 401-S
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00328; CS read first time on 03/29/06 -SJ 00336
• Now in Education Appropriations -SJ 00328
• On Committee agenda-- Education Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 412-K
• CS/CS by- Education Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 00399; CS read first time on 04/06/06 -SJ 00404
• Rereferred to- Education -SJ 00397; Now in Education; Also referred to Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00397
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/18/06, 9:00 am, 110-S --Not considered
• Withdrawn from- Governmental Oversight and Productivity -SJ 00446; On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/24/06, 9:00 am, 110-S
• CS/CS/CS by- Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 3 -SJ 00580; CS read first time on 04/26/06 -SJ 00586
• Placed on Calendar, on second reading -SJ 00581
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00895; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00896; Substituted HB 135 -SJ 00896; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 135 (Ch. 2006-302)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.