CS/HB 1089: Construction Contracting
GENERAL BILL by Galvano ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ambler ; Culp ; Flores ; Gibson ; Hays ; Murzin ; Reagan ; Sansom
Construction Contracting; revises commencement periods for actions founded on design, planning, or construction of improvements to real property; amends specified provision re converter reserve accounts & warranties; limits applicability to certain improvements. Amends 95.11, 718.618.
Last Action: 6/9/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-145
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice (JC); Justice Council
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice (JC), 03/08/06, 10:00 am, 24-H
• Introduced, referred to Civil Justice (JC); Justice Council -HJ 00083; On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice (JC), 03/08/06, 10:00 am, 24-H
• Favorable by Civil Justice (JC); YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -HJ 00185; Now in Justice Council -HJ 00185
• On Council agenda-- Justice Council, 03/22/06, 9:00 am, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Justice Council; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 00300
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00300
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00332; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00332; Ordered engrossed -HJ 00332
• Read third time -HJ 00358; Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 00358
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 00656
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Judiciary -SJ 00682; Substituted for CS/SB 1940 -SJ 00682; Read second time -SJ 00682
• Read third time -SJ 00730; Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 00730
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 00990
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-145
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.