CS/SB 1206: Commerce/Sales Tax Exemptions
GENERAL BILL by General Government Appropriations ; Atwater ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Wise ; King ; Baker ; Klein ; Crist ; Aronberg ; Wilson ; Posey ; Bennett ; Jones ; Alexander ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Lynn ; Sebesta
Commerce/Sales Tax Exemptions; provides legislative findings & purpose re contribution of manufacturing sector to economy of this state & re free trade agreements with the Americas; deletes limitation on annual amount of exemption from sales tax for certain machinery & equipment used to increase productive output; deletes limitation on annual amount of sales tax exemption for certain machinery & equipment purchased under federal procurement contract, etc. Amends Ch. 212. APPROPRIATION: $222,946.
Last Action: 5/3/2006 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00962; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00962; Substituted HB 69 -SJ 00962; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 69 (Ch. 2006-56)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Government Efficiency Appropriations; General Government Appropriations; Ways and Means
• Introduced, referred to Commerce and Consumer Services; Government Efficiency Appropriations; General Government Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00112
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Consumer Services, 03/15/06, 9:30 am, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce and Consumer Services; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00259
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00259
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 04/04/06, 10:15 am, 110-S
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00373; Now in General Government Appropriations -SJ 00373
• On Committee agenda-- General Government Appropriations, 04/24/06, 1:30 pm (or 15 min. after completion of Ways & Means), 301-S
• CS by General Government Appropriations; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00647; CS read first time on 04/27/06 -SJ 00649
• Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00647
• Withdrawn from Ways and Means -SJ 00738; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00962; Amendment(s) adopted -SJ 00962; Substituted HB 69 -SJ 00962; Laid on Table, Link/Iden/Sim/Compare passed, refer to HB 69 (Ch. 2006-56)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.