CS/SB 1268: Deferral of Ad Valorem Taxes
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Margolis
Deferral of Ad Valorem Taxes; decreases age & increases income threshold required for eligibility to defer ad valorem property taxes; decreases maximum interest rate that may be charged on deferred ad valorem taxes. Amends 197.252.
Last Action: 5/30/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-47; See also HB 1363 (Ch. 2006-69)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Ways and Means
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/06/06, 2:15 pm, 401-S
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Introduced, referred to Community Affairs; Government Efficiency Appropriations; Ways and Means -SJ 00115; On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/06/06, 2:15 pm, 401-S; CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00230; CS read first time on 03/09/06 -SJ 00232
• Now in Government Efficiency Appropriations -SJ 00230
• On Committee agenda-- Government Efficiency Appropriations, 03/15/06, 3:30 pm, 110-S
• Favorable by Government Efficiency Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 00260
• Now in Ways and Means -SJ 00260
• Withdrawn from Ways and Means -SJ 00738; Placed on Calendar, on second reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar -SJ 00966; Read second time -SJ 00929; Read third time -SJ 00930; CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 00930
• In Messages
• Received -HJ 01244; Read second time -HJ 01245; Substituted for HB 753 -HJ 01245; Read third time -HJ 01245; CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 01245
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 01129
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-47; See also HB 1363 (Ch. 2006-69)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.