HB 1341: Fiduciary Lawyer-client Privilege
GENERAL BILL by Joyner ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Seiler
Fiduciary Lawyer-client Privilege; provides that client acts as fiduciary when serving in certain positions; provides that communication between lawyer & client acting as fiduciary is privileged & protected from disclosure; provides construction in application. Creates 90.5021.
• Introduced -HJ 00101
• Referred to Civil Justice (JC); Justice Council -HJ 00261
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice (JC), 03/22/06, 10:15 am, 24-H
• Favorable by Civil Justice (JC); YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -HJ 00283; Now in Justice Council -HJ 00283
• On Council agenda-- Justice Council, 04/04/06, 9:00 am, 404-H --Not considered
• On Council agenda-- Justice Council, 04/10/06, 1:00 pm, 404-H
• Favorable by- Justice Council; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 00414; Placed on Calendar -HJ 00414
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Temporarily postponed, on Second Reading -HJ 00885, -HJ 00947
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.