CS/CS/HB 1351: Electrical/Alarm System Contractors
GENERAL BILL by Reagan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cretul
Electrical/Alarm System Contractors; exempts certain electrical & alarm system contractors from ordinances or codes of local governments or special districts requiring various types of recognition by certain national entities; exempts nationally recognized testing labs & persons who install or repair lightning rods from certain alarm system contracting provisions; provides eligibility requirements for registering with DBPR as said contractor, etc. Amends Ch. 489.
Last Action: 6/9/2006 - Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-154
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Introduced -HJ 00102
• Referred to Business Regulation (CC); Commerce Council -HJ 00261
• On Committee agenda-- Business Regulation (CC), 03/30/06, 10:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable with CS amendment by Business Regulation (CC); YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 00344
• Pending review of CS under Rule 6.3(b); Now in Commerce Council -HJ 00344
• On Council agenda-- Commerce Council, 04/20/06, 12:30 pm, 404-H
• Favorable with CS amendment by- Commerce Council; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 00586
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 6.3(b); Placed on Calendar -HJ 00586
• Placed on Special Order Calendar; Read second time -HJ 00781; Amendment(s) adopted -HJ 00782; Read third time -HJ 00783; Passed as amended; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 00783
• In Messages
• Received, referred to Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance -SJ 00702; Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Banking and Insurance -SJ 00662; Substituted for CS/SB 744 -SJ 00662; Read second and third times -SJ 00662; Passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 00662
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 00990
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor; Chapter No. 2006-154
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.