CS/SB 1630: Cosmetology
GENERAL BILL by Regulated Industries ; King
Cosmetology; redefines "cosmetology" to include hair technician, esthetician, & nail technician services; defines terms "cosmetology intern" & "internship sponsor"; includes body wrapping within esthetician services; authorizes licensure for hair technicians, estheticians, nail technicians & cosmetologists; provides for selection & placement of cosmetology interns; provides requirements & duties of internship sponsor, etc Amends Ch. 477.
Last Action: 5/5/2006 Senate - Died in Committee on Education
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Education; Commerce and Consumer Services; General Government Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Regulated Industries; Education; Commerce and Consumer Services; General Government Appropriations -SJ 00134
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/25/06, 9:30 am, 110-S
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00647; CS read first time on 04/27/06 -SJ 00650
• Now in Education -SJ 00647
• Died in Committee on Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.